Thursday 23 September 2010

Had to get some “gas” …

And even that is completely different to the UK!

I got to work this morning and the light came on the fuel gauge warning that I was low on gas. So on the way back to the apartment after work I stopped at the Speedway just across the street. Before pulling up to the pump, I checked the gauge to see what side the fuel filler cap was on. The gauge always shows what side you fill from. ALWAYS. It seems that the Impala is the only car I have been in that tells you the wrong side … So, after a quick 3 point turn on the forecourt I then had to go into the station to pay for my my fuel before I put it in. I wasn’t really sure of the size of the tank, so I took a guess and paid $30.

I filled up.

When I got back in the car, $30 actually made the needle on the gauge move to full. So $30 got me roughly 11 and a bit gallons; about 43 litres. On current exchange rates, this means I managed to fill a big family car up for around £19. Based on current UK fuel prices this would cost us about £50.

Ouch!

1 comment:

  1. Some strange economics going on, $2.65 for a gallon of petrol and $2.09 for a tin of beans! Anything to do with fossil fuels versus biogas!

    ReplyDelete